Monday, March 7, 2011

Evolution of a Character

So i thought I'd share a character I've been working on for a while and how he's developed over the past few months.

I got the idea for this guy back in the fall.  He's a Bruce Lee enthusiast with no exceptional attributes thrown into tournament to the death with a bunch of bloodthirsty, super-powered... people.  I don't know.  It's a work in progress. Anyway, Here's the earliest drawing I know of that I made:

It was done in my spiral notebook, I later started doing some drawings of him in my sketchbook and experimented with some shading:


Meh.  I did some more sketches, refining the design each time:






So I finally got something I liked and sketched out a model sheet:



Finally I did some sketches of various expressions, building consistency in the features and practicing emotions in general:


There you have it,  that's generally the process I go through when creating a new character.


No comments:

Post a Comment